Re: RE: flushing coolant?

From: werlax@hotmail.com
Date: Sun Sep 05 2004 - 23:43:31 EDT

"RayB" wrote:
> Maybe it's just me but removing two plugs seems a whole lot easier
> than removing the thermostat and radiator hoses. Plus you get a
> more thorough flush. Open the radiator drain, then just stick a
> water hose in the radiator and wait till the water from the block
> runs clear. Oh yeah, also set your heater control to hot so water
> goes through your heater core. Turn off the water, reinstall the
> plugs, close the radiator drain and fill with the proper coolant mix.

My problem is that I could not, for the life of me, get the lower drain on
the radiator to work. I ended up just pulling the lower hose in order to
drain what I could. I've also read that the block drain plugs can be a real
bear to get out. I haven't tried mine yet, but given how all my other
projects have gone... I'm just expecting problems there too.
Thanks,
Mark