Re: NOW: help me buy bumper brackets WAS: RockAuto Code

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 15:06:27 EDT

"Michael Maskalans" <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote in message

> My left inner is 55076771a8
> I can't quite read the end of my right inner's number due to rust but
> it starts out the same (through 55067677)...... There had been a
> toothbrush sized wire brush around here that probably could help, but I
> don't see it right off.
>
> My left outer is 55255027L
> My right outer looks like it was a bad stamping - it says 5255026R, but
> I'm quite certain that it should be 55255026R (the pentacle that leads
> the p/n is missing, and there's almost the faintest shadow of a 5
> there, but not quite)
>
> Hopefully that's of some minor help..... I thought RockAuto was pretty
> good about parts lookups though. Whatever.

Thanks Mike! It looks like they're pretty good about the lookup but I
thought that if someone had the part numbers handy it might help me to be
sure I order the correct part. The descriptions for the bumper brackets
aren't really all that descriptive if you understand my description of their
descriptions.

> I'm finally getting to work. My message this morning wasn't quite
> right. Feeling better-than-awful does not necc. make for "feeling
> better". Compared to normal I still feel like crap, but hopefully I
> can get the rearend under today, and the brakes plumbed, and then the
> only must-do for tomorrow when I've got help is bleeding, and hopefully
> it'll be rollable tonight with the ebrake.

I thought you were supposed to be off of the rack already... Good luck
getting the rear under it, hopefully there won't be any suprises.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L