Re: DML:Hurricane IVAN

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 18:52:39 EDT

No blocks this time. Storm surge wasn't even mentioned til 1AM. Came home
from friend's house at 2:30 am after a "few", and there was water on the
streets. Didn't really have time to put it up. Got just below the axle
flanges, so not a real issue besides brakes drums under water. I douched
all trucks with fresh water shortly after the water receded. The Sport got
a real good under belly rinse due to sitting in the crap.

If Ivan keeps it up, I'll tow the Sport out on a strap to higher ground.
Got the front end of the 00 back together today, so its mobile enough. It
needs an alignment to be driveable though.

Tomorrow, the garage gets torn apart, and everything reshelved in a higher
position based on weight, value, and tolerance to salt water, just in case.
Current track is moving it further off the coast, but not far enough for me
to feel reasonably safe yet.

TonyC