Re: Need pics/INFO of Lowered Daks

From: Woodruff, Jason P (jason.p.woodruff@boeing.com)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 14:11:43 EDT

What are you up to?

Wheels and tires usually don't have fitment problems if your just changing out the springs. Your not changing any geometry, just moving the starting point.

With patience you can handle better than a Camaro and Mustang, trust me.

Nothing wrong with blocks. Just get ones that won't crack. Swapping in stiffer leaf springs would be beneficial too.

I can't get much more specific without knowing details.

What truck/engine? Is it the 4x4 longbed in your signature? I don't know what to do with a 4x4.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota

--------------------------------------
I need pics and info on your guy's lowered dakotas. I want to know what was
done, brands used, and most importantly wheel and tire info. I will be
starting my winter project (swapping frames) very soon and will be getting
the parts together within the next month or so. I am just doing research on
what wheels and tires will fit and look good with a 2/3 and a 4/4 drop. I
would like to go 4/4 but have not found any one with that setup yet, only
problem is that Im not sure if the caltrac setup will have enough room under
a 4/4 drop. I am looking for the best cornerng ability, understanding of
course this thing will never be a camaro or mustang.... so from what I
understand I want to go with springs, not spindles, and hangers, not
blocks?? What about shocks????? Where should I go for them?
TJ
<http://forums.atvconnection.com/Photos.cfm?ID=2972>
"dakota52318@toad.net <mailto:dakota52318@toad.net?Subject=Re:%20Need%20pics/INFO%20of%20Lowered%20Daks&In-Reply-To=<000b01c499fc$8ecd3d00$71b30642@VALUED664B84C7>
1992 Dakota