Re: Check Engine and Airhat Question

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 07:37:48 EDT

In article <200409202237.i8KMbNP16897@bent.twistedbits.net>, SlimeRT@aol.com
writes:
> Recently installed a V8 TB on my V6 Dak. After resetting the computer a few
times, am still
> getting the 'check engine' light on. Took it to Autozone where they came up
with a P1494 code.
> Does anyone know what this is? The Autozone gal thought maybe gascap or
emissions problem.

> Also currently have the drop-in K&N filter in the stock air intake box, am
thinking of upgrading
> to an Extreme Velocity or an Intense Performance Stage II intake with 9"
Power Stack filter.
> Should I bother, is the HP/mileage gains worth the $ over the drop-in I have
now? Any input
> greatly appreciated.

Mike,

I did not have any code issues after putting a V8 throttle body on my V6. I did
have to back off the throttle stop screw to close down the blades to get the
idle down though.

Before the TB change I started with a K&N drop in and then picked up an air
intake with 6" by 9" cone K&N knock-off filter. There was no difference in
performance or mileage compared to the drop-in. However, the drop-in made a
noticable difference compared to a stock paper filter.

Dave Clement
99 Dakota SLT+ CC 4x4