Re: need a favor from someone with a 99 dakota sport club cab truck

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 09:47:17 EDT

<egiblock@runbox.com> wrote in message
news:ciruo8$j11$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> ok.. i lowered my truck a month or two ago, but didn't take any
measurements
> before the drop..
>
> i need someone out there with the following to measure the wheel well
location
> on the front tires and the rear tires (all four)..
>
> the center of the wheel well is the location that i am looking for.
>
> i'm trying to figure out how much my truck dropped, because i am having
some
> problems with the front tires rubbing against th wheel well. on bumps.
>

> thanks
>
> --
> eric giblock

What did you use to drop your truck? I did a 2/3 on mine and it's only
scrubbed the wheel wells once in 2 years. What size tires are you running?
I'll take a few measurements on lunch today and let you know where I'm at.
I think my fronts have a gap of about 2 fingers and the rears are more, but
I'll let you know the exact measurements after lunch.

The only thing that I do remember is that the front rockers are 9" off the
ground and the rears are 10" off at the bottom of the pinch weld.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L