Re: '05s

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 00:29:16 EDT

On Sep 27, 2004, at 20:32, andy levy wrote:

> On 9/27/2004 7:17 PM, Michael Maskalans wrote:
>

> | Fuel tank hangs below the frame rail by about 2". truck is already
> | sitting about 2-3" lower than a gen III. :eek:
> |
> | all skid plates are back to steel
>
> They have been since '02 I think. Sounds like they're needed if the
> tank hangs that low.

yeah. I wish I'd had a tape on me, but I'm betting about 10" to the
frame rails and 8" to the tank. Under 7" to the skid plate.... Pretty
pathetic.

> | underseat storage is gone. the body bulges up to the bottom of the
> | 40-40 (sic) split jump seats. couldn't get far enough under the
> truck
> | to see if anything was using that space (my head doesn't fit under
> the
> | frame rails in the middle of the truck)
>
> No underseat storage in my QC. Floorpan bulges up to the bottom of the
> seat.

yeah, but now in the club cab as well.

> | tow hooks make a return. they look better than the last incarnation.
>
> Anything like the ones on the new Rams?

The hooks themselves look similar, but I haven't taken anywhere nearly
that close a look at the new Rams, so I'm not sure how the mountings
compare. Those hexagonal frame horns look quite beefy and nice too.

> Remember, you're the guy he doesn't want to see on the lot -
> you know all the ins & outs, you know what you're looking for, etc.

Maybe next time, though, he'll remember not to make up a 4.9L engine
size and not confuse the Durango HEMI option as for the Dakota =)

--
Michael Maskalans         <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/>
'98 Dakota CC 4x4 318               '84 RamCharger 4x4 360