Re: '05s

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 09:23:37 EDT

"Michael Maskalans" <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote in message

> On Sep 27, 2004, at 20:32, andy levy wrote:
>
> > On 9/27/2004 7:17 PM, Michael Maskalans wrote:
> >

> > | Fuel tank hangs below the frame rail by about 2". truck is already
> > | sitting about 2-3" lower than a gen III. :eek:
> > |
> > | all skid plates are back to steel
> >
> > They have been since '02 I think. Sounds like they're needed if the
> > tank hangs that low.
>
> yeah. I wish I'd had a tape on me, but I'm betting about 10" to the
> frame rails and 8" to the tank. Under 7" to the skid plate.... Pretty
> pathetic.

That IS pathetic. My rockers are 9" off in front and 10" off in the rear.
I can't believe that they'd put the frame of a 4x4 truck that low. I do
believe that with 7" under the skidplate, you'd get hung up everywhere. I
can think of several spots in the area surrounding school that have me
fearing high center (and rightly so, they only clear by an inch and change).
If these are accurate guesstimates, the new Dak would surely get stuck.

I may have to go check one out and maybe go for a testdrive.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L