Re: I Took A Gen IV For A Spin Today

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 16:35:24 EDT

On Sep 29, 2004, at 09:16, Andy Levy wrote:

>> Next, I do not like where they placed the 4x4 control knob. It is low
>> under the dash behind the cup holders. Also the aux power outlet and
>> passenger side air bag switch are also recessed behind there. Not
>> easy
>> access at all.
>
> Worse position than in my '03? Ouch.

it's like next to the glove box and just off the transmission tunnel.
It's a longer reach than to the right side shift lever on my
RamCharger's 208 - about the same reach to the side, but way way low.
I didn't try, but I'm not sure I could shift on the fly - I think I
might loose sight of the road behind the dashboard.

I've been thinking I should bring a measuring tape over to confirm &
quantify the clearance issues so maybe I'll check on that too.

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
mobile.612.618.4652   home.585.935.7129