RE: Holley Billet TB on 1992?

From: kvmac45@comcast.net
Date: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 14:32:08 EDT

$200-250 for the Holley. I looked at Fastman, but I always liked the billet
pieces from F&B. Just priced out of my price range. I shaved the horns off a
junkyard stocker I picked up, took out the torque step in the bores and rounded
off the lips. Finished up with a quick polish. I figure it is fairly close to a
straight 50mm right now. I am still waffling on the Holley right now anyway. I
think I may be better served with a set of 1.7 RRs instead, since the engine
rebuild is probably at least a couple months away at minimum.

FWIW, this is what is on the engine right now.

M1
Ported/polished stock TB
K&N filter
Mopar PCM
Autolites
MSD 6AL ignition, Blaster SS coil and wires
Relocated IAT

I have a set of 4.10s in the garage waiting for the time to put them in.
Running stock 3.55s with an open diff right now. The engine has over 188k miles
on it. Burns a lot of oil, but much less than when the belly pan gasket was
leaking prior to the M1 install.