Re: was I Took A Gen IV For A Spin Today now Christine was conf

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 12:45:22 EDT

Zito, James A (GE Energy) wrote:
> During his Gen IV review Terrible Tom writes:
> I was treated to the now familiar high revving sound of the
> 4.7L - which from past BBQ's has now been burned into my long term
> memory. ---- "It feels like we're at a boat race!"

> ----------------
> I wonder if Christine got herself confused and that is why she decide to go
> swimming??
>
> Or was it her taking a dip that prompted the boat race comment??
>
> Jim
> 03 Dak cc v6

LOL None of the above. The "boat race" remark was in reference to the
2002 DML BBQ, when Adam had his 4.7L 2000 Dakota at the BBQ for the last
time. He was trying to get out of The Pit in 2 wheel drive and was
pushing LOTS of water. He was really getting the engine RPM numbers up
there. Dakota Dodge was filming (also was the last year we saw him
there) and he made a remark about hearing Adams engine revving so high
and all the water he said "Feels like we're at a boat race".

So it was a comment that only a few would understand heh - when I made
reference to hearing the "familar 4.7 revving sound" - it reminded me of
Adams Dak and Dakota's comment.

TerribleTom