Re: I Took A Gen IV For A Spin Today

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 12:41:10 EDT

Michael Maskalans <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote:

>> I like the older HVAC control locations a *LOT* better, and IIRC
>>whiteface gauges were part of the new dash too, and they SUCK. IMO of
>>course. So I'd much rather have an early gen III.

> No whiteface here.
>
> The new HVAC controls are definitely worse than the older ones. No
> positive feedback on them, really. Just a very loose dial. But at
> least I can control the A/C - on the '00 and older, the 2 vent
> positions "above" the defroster ones always engage the A/C.

That is something I forgot to mention in my review. I specifically
rorated each of the HVAC knobs to "feel" them. All are vague, loose
dials that you HAVE to look at to know where you are putting them. YOu
can't just know where th dial is going by the number of clicks in one
direction. Intrepid was like this too and that pissed me off. Also - I
do not like white face insruments either. If I bought a new Ram - I
would have to find a way to convert them over FROM white face.

TerribleTom