my transmission < *

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 14:18:57 EDT

Well, after only *TWO MONTHS* of normal usage and 3 dragstrip passes (no
beating on it other than the track) it's back to the trans shop I go.
Monday as I was pulling into my parking spot the trans didn't let go of
whatever gear it was in and the truck stalled (basically like stopping
without clutching on a manual). Overall, I've noticed that the 2-3 upshift
wasn't as firm or fast as I think it should be and it's getting worse. It's
delaying the OD engagement, and today was the icing on the cake.... While
sitting at a stoplight, the truck jumped and then stalled, kinda like what
happens if you put the clutch in without giving it any gas. Then for the
remainder of my drive to work it was slipping pretty badly, almost to the
point of being "jerky" in all gears. Then after sitting at the stoplight in
front of my work, all was well again. I called the trans shop and they were
suprised to hear from me with problems being as that they built the shit out
of the trans, rated it to take a supercharged 3.9. I'm dropping it off
tomorrow and hoping that I can procure a vehicle to drive for the possible
week that they'll have it. I'm beyond pissed right now, but they're going
to make it better (at no cost to me) so that makes me happy. Their customer
service has been nothing short of incredible.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L