Re: 93 2x4 to 4x4

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 03:24:19 EDT

On Oct 13, 2004, at 01:20, WAJK1976@aol.com wrote:

> would a stock
> transfercase bolt up to my tansmission?

if you swapped out the tail housing on your trans, you would probably
be able to bolt up the tcase. the output shaft on the trans will have
to be the proper spline count for the tcase input.

If you're looking to use this combination under your Dakota, don't
forget that the front suspensions are almost 100% different between the
2wd and 4wd (down to being mounted to different frame-side mounts that
don't exist on the other), and you're missing a LOT of mounting points
for the frontend goodies.

if you want to convert your truck from a two wheeler to a 4x4, you're
best off either putting a solid front axle under it or trading it in
for something that already is what you want.

> The third is Would a 3.9 V6 with headers be
> able to trun 31's well? Thanks all

depends entirely on your gears. you can make a 4 banger turn 40s if
you're happy going slow.....

--
Mike Maskalans   <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota SLT 318 4x4                    SFA & 35s