Re: My rear diff is shot!? OMGWTFBBQ

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 11:23:26 EDT

<andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:cl5us8$q8s$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> Took the truck in this morning for the wiper motor recall and front & rear
diff
> fluid changes. Dealer just called back, says he has to keep the truck
> overnight because the WHOLE REAR DIFF needs to be replaced along with the
diff
> bearings.

No more elaborate than that? He didn't tell you what they found? When I
was getting a clunking noise and vibration from the rear of the truck while
still under warranty, they replaced the whole axle and driveshaft. That was
at about 3k miles though. They told me that my driveshaft was out of
balance and it had worn something in the diff and it was faster to just
replace the whole axle than rebuilding it.

> 26K, this is my second diff fluid change (first was Jifee Loob), truck has
> shown no signs of trouble - it's been IDLE for almost a month, I only
started
> driving it again when the e-brake cable on the Acclaim snapped.

Do you think that JL maybe used the wrong type of fluid? If they didn't add
the modifier, it'll burn up the clutches and stuff....

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L