Re: quick brake question ?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 18:48:56 EDT

ffastje <ffastje@cox.net> wrote:

: My buddys truck broke down far from my house. on the street really no
: room to work . i think the caliper bolts backed out or broke but there
: gone.is there any way to drive with that site of the brakes undone as in
: hang the caliper or remove it and plug the line? if this is outrageous
: just tell me sorry just trying to get it back to my house . Hes an old
: guy not much money. So if i have to fix it there i will just was trying
: to make it easer on me.Also not a very good neighborhood. tia

   You can probably use zip ties or something to secure the caliper to
the spring (just be sure to put it it a location where it won't be
hit by the tire when you turn). That would probably be easier than
trying to plug the line. Just drive very carefully (slow and steady)
and be ready to compensate by turning the wheel when you use the
brakes. As long as it isn't a very long drive, I think that should
work to get you to a better area where you can do a proper repair.

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'