Re: Exhaust and Cat question..

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 21:39:59 EDT

>>I could use some help determining what I need for my truck. I've got
>>87,000
miles so I was looking at getting a high-flow cat (since it's rattling) and
a Gibson 3" single out exhaust<<

I can tell ya' from experience that 3" exhaust on a V6 is too big and will
really hurt your output. I know a cat-back is easier to install and stuff,
but 2.5" is optimum and there are very few 2.5" cat-backs out there. My
advice is to peice together a 2.5" exhaust using a 2.5" hi-flow cat and a
2.5" single inlet muffler. At this point you could go with a dual outlet
muffler and have the pipes bent to you liking. You'll end up saving money in
the long run and get the exhaust exactly like you want it.
I can't stress it enough, 3" is too big for a V6 that's not built, blown or
juiced.

-miggity
Newport News VA
2000 FR R/T CC