Re: Re: Exhaust and Cat question..

From: Chris Reck (chris92@insightbb.com)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 23:01:20 EDT

So you're saying that the mods I have won't compensate for the low-end loss?
How much loss are we talking? I've been pretty "modded" for the most part
in the engine to account for any possible loss.. I'm also planning on
getting the SuperChips tuner as soon as taxes come in (and removing the Jet
Chip).

My brother has the same exhaust and air filter on his Jeep Cherokee inline 6
and has experienced no loss of power. In fact he gained some. Granted it's
a different vehicle, but I think the performance is about the same.

What does anyone else think about having a 3" single-exit exhaust on a V6?

--
Chris Reck
Bloomington, IL

""Mike Sykes"" <mikesykes@cox.net> wrote in message news:001201c4bbc5$deffbd30$53c20d44@SERVER... > >>>I could use some help determining what I need for my truck. I've got >>>87,000 > miles so I was looking at getting a high-flow cat (since it's rattling) > and > a Gibson 3" single out exhaust<< > > I can tell ya' from experience that 3" exhaust on a V6 is too big and will > really hurt your output. I know a cat-back is easier to install and stuff, > but 2.5" is optimum and there are very few 2.5" cat-backs out there. My > advice is to peice together a 2.5" exhaust using a 2.5" hi-flow cat and a > 2.5" single inlet muffler. At this point you could go with a dual outlet > muffler and have the pipes bent to you liking. You'll end up saving money > in > the long run and get the exhaust exactly like you want it. > I can't stress it enough, 3" is too big for a V6 that's not built, blown > or > juiced. > > -miggity > Newport News VA > 2000 FR R/T CC > > "...someone set up us the bomb...." > >