Re: Re: Re: Exhaust and Cat question..

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 02:17:43 EDT

Chris Reck wrote:

> So you're saying that the mods I have won't compensate for the low-end loss?
> How much loss are we talking? I've been pretty "modded" for the most part
> in the engine to account for any possible loss.. I'm also planning on
> getting the SuperChips tuner as soon as taxes come in (and removing the Jet
> Chip).
>
> My brother has the same exhaust and air filter on his Jeep Cherokee inline 6
> and has experienced no loss of power. In fact he gained some. Granted it's
> a different vehicle, but I think the performance is about the same.
>
> What does anyone else think about having a 3" single-exit exhaust on a V6?

I've got the 3" Gibson swept side on my 2k V6 and love it. It sounds
great and although I lost a little bit of low end grunt I picked up some
pretty good middle high RPM performance from it. If you're looking for
concrete numbers, I might have some to compare it for you by next week.
  Chicagoland Mopar is putting on their annual dyno day this weekend and
I'll be attending if I can swing it both timewise and dollarwise.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L