Re: Ford Guys on the dml: was roush magnums.

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 14:18:13 EST

You had to bring that up didn't you? I was going to just leave this thread
alone but it looks as though I've finally been sucked in. Yes, for the
record, I AM a Ford guy, but I tend to keep that kind of thing off of the
DML because everyone has their own opinions and "Manufacturer bashing" is a
common practice on lists like this.

As far as Roush Performance being lackluster though, that's not necessarily
true. While I'll agree that not everything they do is magical, most of the
tuner companies out there do a pretty damn good job at what they do. That's
how they're able to stay in business. As long as you're on the bandwagon,
why not poke fun at Saleen, AMG, Dinan, or Bora? They're all aftermarket
tuning companies that are very tightnit into their specific communities and
have done wonders for performance enthusiasts across the globe. While you
don't have to like everything they put out, or everything they do to one
specific vehicle, you can't discount that these companies perform a valid
function that there is a very definate market for. I personally may not
agree with all of the practices that they do, but as a whole they do a
really nice job and pick up performance in places that the factory fell
short. Just because you don't like the body kit or whatever doesn't mean
that the whole thing is worthless. Without companies like these there
wouldn't be half of the parts out there that there are today, and then we'd
ALL be complaining.

Lastly Gary, I seem to remember a period in time where you were "in the
market" for a used Mustang Cobra. Not too nice of you to bash a carmaker
that apparently DOES make a vehicle you have in the past considered
purchasing. Open mouth, enter foot.

For the record, Chad's Capri would take you at the strip hands down. In
stock trim, that car should run a low 14 second quarter depending on options
and mileage.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""Chad Evans"" <hemidak@msn.com> wrote in message > > Josh battles is a ford guy > > >From: Gary Hedlin <garyhedlin@sbcglobal.net> > >Reply-To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net > >To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net > >Subject: Re: DML: Roush Magnums (was: SEMA Show 2004 Photos) > >Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 00:57:54 -0600 > > > > > >Man, you ford guys think everything roush touches turns to gold :) I do > >admit that magnum looks sweet. And when someone who primarily does fords > >does things with dodges, says a lot about the appeal of the car. > > > >I like the magnums, but I still think the station wagons should be dead and > >burried in the 70's! :) > > > >PS... Chad- I'm plotting a byron trip with the 05, so if the capri needs an > >ass woopin, let me know! :) > >-- > > > >Gary Hedlin