Re: RE: Shift Solinoid??

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 18:16:30 EST

Bernd D. Ratsch wrote:
> No...not that. The OD and Shift Solenoid Pack (harness goes to the top of
> the trans - have to remove the VB for that).
>
> - Bernd
>

> At 07:02 AM 11/15/04, you wrote:
>
>>Install time is about 1 hour as you have to raise the vehicle, drop the
>>trans pan, drop the valve body, replace the solenoid pack, and
>>reinstall/refill. - Bernd
>

> I could be wrong since it's been awhile but I don't recall dropping the
> valve body when I replaced both the governor pressure solenoid and sensor on
> my 44RE.
>
> Bob

Removal of the VB is required to replace the entire solenoid pack AND
the harness and connector - however its not absolutly necessary. You
can cut the wires and splice and shrink wrap (or stick some disconnects
in there) the wires. I did this when I needed to change the OD solenoid
in Christine's A-500 back in June 2002 prior to the BBQ that year.

No problems with it so far.

Attention Infidels: I am your official DBDoMPfIWUMOT!