Re: Idea for The List Archves

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Nov 16 2004 - 23:57:30 EST

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:
>
> : Hey Jon? I was browsing through my Moilla BBS reader, looking over
all
> : the posts sorted by user name - and had an idea. Just for kicks,
would
> : there be a way to write up a little script to sort and count all the
> : arvhice posts by who sent them - and how many posts a certain user
made?

> Here are the totals from the beginning of time (errr, the beginning of
> the DML - same difference) ;-) up to yesterday evening:

Damn Jon that was fast LOL - the first sign you even considered my idea
is when the whole shabang dropped into The List like an Acme Anvil LOL

> 276222 total posts

This number does suprise me - I would have thought there would have been
far many more posts than that over the years.

> 12229 bernd@texas.net
> 4388 stlaurents@mctssa.usmc.mil
> 3709 ron-wong@home.com
> 3357 tigers@bserv.com
> 3011 andylevy@yahoo.com
> 2675 jon@dakota-truck.net
> 2500 jbattles@bankfinancial.com
> 2279 stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu
> 2276 hemi@charter.net
> 2200 andylevy@bigfoot.com
> 2141 fawcett@uism.bu.edu
> 2122 miggitymike@juno.com
> 1970 rap777@juno.com
> 1921 rekker21@aol.com
> 1884 semihemi01@aol.com
> 1785 willtier@aol.com
> 1781 tmfu@home.com
> 1758 grndak4x4@home.com
> 1660 tedsdakota@aol.com
> 1615 gswillhite@ualr.edu
> 1603 acellan1@tampabay.rr.com
> 1578 dester223@aol.com
> 1568 nvmydakota@aol.com
> 1513 olznut@webtv.net
> 1491 msykes@su.edu

NOT suprised at all to see some of the names in the top portion of the
totals heh. What I want to know hs how the hell you managed *TWELVE*
*THOUSAND* *POSTS* Bernd>??? LOL I just realized most of those prolly
were one line'ers :D hehhe

I also count over 6600 posts from Andy...

950 silvereightynine@earthlink.net
721 silvereightynine@aol.com
69 kaboinga@aol.com
1 ntwatchman@earthlink.net
1 chicagotom@earthlink.net

Total: 1742

I thought I posted lots more than that LOL. You can see what my main
email addresses have been. Kaboinga was the name I originally joined
the DML with, and the other two are accidental posts I sent in from my
other email accounts. Mozilla has a funky way of selecting what account
you are posting from, via a POP email account - as I was using at the
time from earthlink.

1742 posts is kinda shabby, considering I have been on the DML a total
of 1468 days (not counting leap years). I joined November 8th, 2000. 4
years and 8 days ago.

http://archives.dakota-truck.net/0011/1632.html

That is an average number of 1.19 posts per day since I joined. I need
to get posting more!

Attention Infidels: I am your official DBDoMPfIWUMOT!