Re: Idea for The List Archves

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Nov 17 2004 - 11:41:12 EST

On Tue, November 16, 2004 11:57 pm, Terrible Tom said:

> Damn Jon that was fast LOL - the first sign you even considered my idea
> is when the whole shabang dropped into The List like an Acme Anvil LOL

There's a lesson to be learned here... NEVER give Jon ideas. :-)

> > 276222 total posts
>
> This number does suprise me - I would have thought there would have been
> far many more posts than that over the years.

Well, the DML is nine years old today (which means it's also our
anniversary... Happy Anniversary Honey!). Counting leap years, that's
3288 days. Average is 84 posts per day, which sounds about right. Okay,
I guess I should figure that from the same day Jon ran the count, but it
isn't too far off.

> NOT suprised at all to see some of the names in the top portion of the
> totals heh. What I want to know hs how the hell you managed *TWELVE*
> *THOUSAND* *POSTS* Bernd>??? LOL I just realized most of those prolly
> were one line'ers :D hehhe
>
> I also count over 6600 posts from Andy...

Hmmm... by my count, the DML is 4.43% Bernd and 2.39% Andy, going only by
number of posts. Now Jon needs to come up with a script to count number
of words that each of us has posted. Not counting quoted replies.

> 1742 posts is kinda shabby, considering I have been on the DML a total of
> 1468 days (not counting leap years). I joined November 8th, 2000. 4
> years and 8 days ago.

Well, Norah and I combined for 2349 posts. Looks like I first posted
September 18, 1996:

http://archives.dakota-truck.net/9609/0133.html

The first post I can find from Norah was November 8, 1996:

http://archives.dakota-truck.net/9611/0125.html

We've been here twice as long as you have Tom, and between the two of us
only managed 607 posts more. I figure I've been on the list for 2982
days, so the average for both of us combined is 0.79 posts per day.

Okay, I'm done with the math nerdiness. You can all wake up now.