Got my 11's and broke her :(

From: Dave Downing (ddowning@nosc.mil)
Date: Wed Nov 17 2004 - 16:18:51 EST

Man, feels like forever since I've posted here. Well, finally got into the
11's, 11.87@116.03, followed it with an 11.9, felt awesome. But I killed
two pistons in the process, slightly melted #1 and took a chunk out of #7.
So I'll be having a new shortblock built, forged h-beams, forged 8.5:1
pistons, etc.etc. I'll also be putting a wideband on and revamping the fuel
setup to try to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Oh, I just picked up a '93 Cherokee Sport for a daily driver :) 2 door,
4.0, auto, 4x4 (of course), black, 135K miles, no rust. Runs strong, gets
21mpg (and I still need to do a tuneup and change the fluids, probably
switch to a cone K&N too), so I'm pretty happy. She'll get a mild lift and
some new meats eventually, but I'm just gonna enjoy the gas mileage for now,
besides, gotta pay for the built block before I can spend any money on the
Jeep :) Maybe I can have her ready in time to play at the bbq next year ;)

Hope everyone has been doing well, I'll try to keep up with the list a lil
more :)

--
Dave Downing
'02 FR RC R/T

'93 Cherokee - daily driver Stock...for now ;)