Re: Happy Birthday DML and Happy Anniversary!

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Nov 17 2004 - 15:55:50 EST

Jason Bleazard wrote:

>>>Hmm - you realize we should have some kind of get together on the 17th
>>>of November NEXT year - to celebrate the 10 year milestone. Just what
>>>Jon wants LOL - me plotting another invasion of Steigerville.
>
> Actually, tradition would dictate that any DML meets from November through
> April must happen in Toronto, in the cold and snow. Preferably standing
> around in a parking lot.

LOL Yeah good point! Hmmmm (ponders)

> Good idea about doing something for the 10 year mark, though. How about a
> national get-together someplace? Maybe we'd better start planning now
> :-).

YES YES! I've been saying for a long time that we need a National DML Meet.

I think a 10 year reunion/birthday meet is the perfect grounds for this.
  This brings us back to the same problem as before, however.

Where would it be? Couple cool ideas I had were the Warrenville truck
plant, either North Dakota or South Dakota - for obvious name reasons -
however either of those two states could have nasty cold weather this
time of year.

Could have it at Jon's I suppose? But as some of us are aware - Jon's
driveway in November can be hazardous for 2wd and 4wd trucks alike heheh

One cool (or warm place) would be that 4 corners location where Utah,
Colorado, Arizona And New Mexico meet. But I can't see most people from
the East wanting to drive that far.

The problem is that wherever we would have it, some people would travel
a short distance - and other would have to travel a very long distance.
Most members, if not all, from the West or far south, are typically left
out of the bigger DML meets because of distance restrictions. Not to
mention financial restrictions - the amount of fuel needed would be
staggering for all those miles.

Anyone else have ideas?

Attention Infidels: I am your official DBDoMPfIWUMOT!