Re: DML 10th Anniversary National Meet

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 01:27:49 EST

Jason Bleazard wrote:

> Actually, you can bring the .45, you just can't *conceal* it. Obviously
> you'd have to put it in the checked luggage on the flight, I'm not sure
> how much of a pain that would be.

Actually, my uncle flew out to Arizona over the summer and brought his
.45 with him. He carried on the airplane and everything, but did get
quite a few looks from concerned potential passengers while going
through security checkpoints. He just had to have it locked in a box
with a trigger lock on it, and no ammunition on him or in any of his
other luggage (which is common sense anyway). So, that might also be
another option if you're leary about checking it in your baggage.

> As far as carrying it out west, as long as you're not walking around town
> with it visibly strapped to your hip, I can't imagine getting any hassles
> over it. I have a hip holster for my 9mm, and any time I ever wore it out
> in the sticks I never even saw anyone who might have hassled me over it.
> It's worth looking in to the transport and carry regulations.

 From what I understand, it's not really all that big of a deal to carry
out west, my afore mentioned uncle did it without any issues whatsoever.

- Josh