Re: DML 10th Anniversary National Meet

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 13:35:24 EST

On Tue, November 30, 2004 1:27 am, Josh Battles said:

> Actually, my uncle flew out to Arizona over the summer and brought his
> .45 with him. He carried on the airplane and everything, but did get
> quite a few looks from concerned potential passengers while going
> through security checkpoints.

I can imagine! That's news to me, glad to hear it. I guess the ultimate
answer is "call the airline and ask them".

Jon, we'd offer to transport your armaments for you in the trailer except
I'm not sure we'd be allowed to in the Eastern Bloc states we have to
drive through to get to the Free West :-). I guess if you put it in a
lock box and took the key with you so there's no chance that we could get
access to it, they *shouldn't* have any reason to complain about that, but
you never know. I realize there's only a small chance of it becoming a
problem to begin with, but I'm not one to flirt with jail time, thanks.

I'm subscribed to an RV newsletter, and they have a section of ads every
week to pay for the guy's time who puts it together. One of the ads is
for a manual explaining the firearms laws of all 50 states, aimed at
people who travel with firearms. Might be worth picking up a copy.