Re: DML 10th Anniversary National Meet

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 00:44:57 EST

Jason Bleazard wrote:
> What do we think is going to be more common? FRS, or CB? It would
> probably be a good idea to have everyone on the same system. We've tried
> mixing them at the BBQ, and it never works.

I've got both, but I think FRS is going to be a better choice. Basic
FRS radios are *REALLY* cheap now. I have at least 3 extra ones laying
around the house in addition to the two new FRS/GPRS units I use regularly.

I also only have a CB that will go in my truck, not a handheld, and most
handheld CBs are too big to be convenient to carry around. If there are
going to be activities like geocaching and such, I think something small
and very portable is going to be the winning solution.

-Bill