Re: Finally cought up with the DML

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 13:59:13 EST

Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:
[...]
: Ideally - I think we should try and find a site that is either large
: enough where we can be as loud as we want at 4 am and not bother anyone
: - or small enough to actually reserve the whole damned thing - pending
: enough people show up. If that were to happen we would have to get
: solid confirmations from those interested.

   I dunno - at 4am, I plan to have been asleep for quite a while! ;-)
Would be nice to be able to wake up sometime before 2pm so we don't miss
the part of the day when the sun is out. :-)

: I am planning on towing Christine all the way - but I even had a thought
: that it would be nice to get both my Daks operable for this meet.

   Baby steps! ;-) Getting one running would probably be a good move. :-)

: As for extra-meet events... I'm all for going whatever the group wants
: to do - as long as I can get in some good mudding or trail riding.

   That reminds me of another possible activity - horseback riding?
I did it once with my family when we were on vacation in Ontario,
and it was kind've neat. :-)

: also really really want to hit the drag strip. Geocaching... I've read
: about it and know its a form of GPS navigated scavenger hunt. Beyond
: that - I must confess I'm not sure I understand its appeal LOL.

   Hey now; I know for a fact that you have personally hidden a
geocache. Just a tip for the future though: To make it more
challenging for people to find it, you really should use a *much*
smaller container - and I don't know if its completely fair to
hide it underwater either... ;-)

: Also I think we all should get on the same page when it comes to
: communicating about this. If everyone had a compatible IM client - like
: AIM... we could do group confrences on this to share ideas.

   I dunno - I think e-mail works pretty well - keeps it out in
the open on the list to reach as many people as possible. Even if
we all did have compatible IM clients, we'd still need to coordinate
our schedules, which would probably be difficult.

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'