Finally cought up with the DML

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 00:33:56 EST

Ok - finally finished reading all the posts that I missed. Lots of good
conversation going on - and lots of great ideas too. A few thoughts I
had after reading all the messages - I had not thought of the fact that
some of us *cough*... and I have I have no IDEA at ALL who might fall
into this list (Heehee!), get a little loud at the night time DML BBQ
Fireside gatherings hehehe. To make this camping thing work, we gotta
have an isolated campground area - or camping site so that I won't... um
so that "some people" won't disturb the other normal campers with their
  screaming kids and barking dog.

Ideally - I think we should try and find a site that is either large
enough where we can be as loud as we want at 4 am and not bother anyone
- or small enough to actually reserve the whole damned thing - pending
enough people show up. If that were to happen we would have to get
solid confirmations from those interested.

This made me realize that the campgrounds up here in Wisconsin all have
posted notices that campgrounds must be quiet at 11 pm - hell we're just
getting STARTED at 11!

Too bad we can't make Wisconsin the target area - I know of one small
camp ground very close to my summer cottage - that is small enough that
we could reserve almost the whole thing. It has a lake off of it...
smallish however - but there are much larger lakes only minutes away.

LOL thought just occured to me to hold the meet on my property up there
we have 40 acres and are surrounded totally by state forest - but I know
my family would never go for it. My grandmother would totally freak out
and disown me (its her place), if I mentioned having the DML invade her
sanctuary. LOL Not to mention there really isnt anything else of
interest up there. And there is lots of bog, swampy marsh, and
wetlands. Whooooo boy it turns into Mo'Skeeter Hell in the warm weather.

I'm going to do some research and phone calling around on my own soon.
Try and pick out some good campgrounds in the areas we have in mind.

I am planning on towing Christine all the way - but I even had a thought
that it would be nice to get both my Daks operable for this meet. Only
way I could get both out there would be to get a bigger tow rig and a
two car hauler... or tow the 2wd out with Christine. However Christine
in her current configuration would be no where near up to that task.
Seeing how Walt dragged his 88 around with his Gen III, makes me think I
can do it too. The odds of that happening (having both daks) is almost
impossible. The 2wd needs an engine and transmission and some extensive
body restoration. Hell maybe I'll tow it out as is and just friggin
park the thing and show off what a wonderful truck I don't have yet LOL!

As for extra-meet events... I'm all for going whatever the group wants
to do - as long as I can get in some good mudding or trail riding. I
also really really want to hit the drag strip. Geocaching... I've read
about it and know its a form of GPS navigated scavenger hunt. Beyond
that - I must confess I'm not sure I understand its appeal LOL.

I'm not very big on the idea of firearms however. If you pressed me for
a reason why - I guess I would just have to say I'm not interested in
them much... NOW... on the other hand - if the group wanted to build a
trebuche... I would be totally in favor of that LOL. Those things are
seriously cool. Fling huge things through the air!! Whee!!

Minigolf would be really fun - I love minigolf - having played a game of
that in about 10 years.

Also I think we all should get on the same page when it comes to
communicating about this. If everyone had a compatible IM client - like
AIM... we could do group confrences on this to share ideas.

Attention Infidels: I am your official DBDoMPfIWUMOT!