Re: Feds Urge Dodge to Make Recall for Ball Joints

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sat Dec 11 2004 - 14:21:56 EST

Eric Huff wrote:
>>arent the ball joints of the same design for the 00's-up the same
>>as the ones for 97-99 ? If so why arent they recall them as well.
>

> Weren't the bad ones from a particular mfr over a certain number of
> years?
>
> I wouldn't be surprised to find out they forgot grease for awhile,
> or used bad grease or something like that.

Well, they were saying that "most" of the "bad" ones came from a
particular manufacturer's plant in Indiana (sounds like trying to blame
someone else for a crappy design to me) but I think the recall is
covering more than just that.

We'll see. This sure isn't helping out their credibility from a quality
perspective.

-Bill