More ball joint recall questions....

From: steve preston (steves287dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Dec 19 2004 - 23:13:53 EST

Well,hi! Dang it all,anyway! Been off of here quite a
while. Several months now,probably. (Laid off,now
employed elsewhere,but now looking at going into a
different line of work so I can have a real future
like my wife does at her job! She even has benuhfits.
Benafitz. Been ophitz. Plus she has coverage for
dennil.......see,I can`t even spell those words! They
are Greek to me.) :)

My Dak is a 2001 4X4 RC. Here is what I`d like to know
on this recall thing:

1) How are the new ball joints going to be different
from what we have now? Does anybody know yet?

2) Are they going to do a free front-end alignment
after doing the job,or is that up to me?

(I had warranty work done maybe a year and a half ago
based on the complaint of "looseness in the front
end",and they did something to the rack and pinion.
After that,it felt better,but it seemed like I had to
steer more and make minor corrections with the wheel
more than before. I got used to it. But the last time
I changed my oil,and had the Dak facing out of the
garage,I could see the front wheels were WAY toed-out.
Couldn`t believe I hadn`t seen it before,it was so
bad. That explained my uneven tire wear on my new
tires! So I did what any seasoned do-it-yourselfer
would do. I gave my tie-rods a few turns. Don`t know
how professional it was,but I did FEEL professional as
I did it,if that makes a difference. All I can say now
is,it is a lot easier to drive,and the wheels look
straight!

3) Since mine is a 4X4,and falls within the model year
range they specified,am I definitely subject to this
recall,or is it just a certain number of trucks from
each year?

4) Should I perhaps not ask quite so many questions?
Since all will probably be revealed in whatever letter
I receive from Dodge on this issue anyway,should I
even bother people with any of my concerns?

5) Has anybody actually made it this far? I mean,my
questions have gotten progressively less interesting
as I`ve gone on here,and my expounding upon the
alignment issue as it relates to my own personal
experience may have been a poor judgment call on my
part. I apologize for that. Probably lost many good
people near the end of question two,and that`s not
good.

6) Is anybody actually going to send money to
Garagos`s website? Does anybody really think Scott
Peterson is innocent? I know personally,at least for
me,the first thing I do whenever I lose a loved one is
bleach my hair,and stuff thousands of dollars in my
pockets. :)

7) Eggs. First they`re high on the food chart as a
good source of protein. Then they`re bad for you and
cause all kinds of health problems. Now they`re back
in good standing,because they supposedly increase the
level of "good cholesterol" in the bloodstream.
Anybody have the latest on these breakfast favorites?
(I`ve been eating Fruity Pebbles,but I may go back.)

Thanks. Steve P.