Re: More ball joint recall questions....

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 20 2004 - 09:33:56 EST

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 20:13:53 -0800 (PST), steve preston
<steves287dak@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well,hi! Dang it all,anyway! Been off of here quite a
> while. Several months now,probably. (Laid off,now
> employed elsewhere,but now looking at going into a
> different line of work so I can have a real future
> like my wife does at her job! She even has benuhfits.
> Benafitz. Been ophitz. Plus she has coverage for
> dennil.......see,I can`t even spell those words! They
> are Greek to me.) :)
>
> My Dak is a 2001 4X4 RC. Here is what I`d like to know
> on this recall thing:
>
> 1) How are the new ball joints going to be different
> from what we have now? Does anybody know yet?

Here's the document on the procedure that'll be done.
http://www.es2-inc.com/downloads/other/RC-D47-04.pdf

They'll grind off the rivets holding the old joint on, then bolt in a
new one. Which means when the new ones go south, you can more easily
bolt in aftermarket units.

> 2) Are they going to do a free front-end alignment
> after doing the job,or is that up to me?

They'll adjust the toe-in.

> 3) Since mine is a 4X4,and falls within the model year
> range they specified,am I definitely subject to this
> recall,or is it just a certain number of trucks from
> each year?

Not all 2003s are covered, I know that for sure (mine isn't). You can
look up your VIN at
http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.jsp?screenName=recall&country=us&emailUrl=goToEmailForm%28%27R%27%29

> 6) Is anybody actually going to send money to
> Garagos`s website? Does anybody really think Scott
> Peterson is innocent? I know personally,at least for
> me,the first thing I do whenever I lose a loved one is
> bleach my hair,and stuff thousands of dollars in my
> pockets. :)

Garagos? Huh?
Peterson? I haven't watched the trial closely, but I've talked to a
few people who have been, and apparently it's quite possible that
Amber had Laci offed (whether he knew about it or not), but no one has
attempted to finish sketching that theory out.

> 7) Eggs. First they`re high on the food chart as a
> good source of protein. Then they`re bad for you and
> cause all kinds of health problems. Now they`re back
> in good standing,because they supposedly increase the
> level of "good cholesterol" in the bloodstream.
> Anybody have the latest on these breakfast favorites?
> (I`ve been eating Fruity Pebbles,but I may go back.)

I gave up long ago. It changes so often, by the time you've changed
your diet to meet the "new" recommendation, it's invalid anymore.

Like Alton Brown says - everything in moderation. No one ever got
hurt eating a little butter. You just don't eat a whole stick at a
time.