"Re: Question of Legality in USA, Blue and Amber Rotating Beacon Lights Mounted on Roof of Dakota 4X4, Ontario Canada Truck"

From: SilverEightynine@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 22:01:56 EST

Jim! Don't tell me - say it isn't so!? Do you now have a plow on the front of
the Gen II LA 318 Dakota Drag Truck??

I sure hope not - that will tear apart the front suspension in no time. Ball
joints, tierods, control arm bushings. Not to mention stress the frame and you
will go through shocks faster than I can shotgun Molson's.

As for the legality of warning lights - in the US it is typically set by local
authorities. Wisconsin troopers and local county cops use red and blue -
utility trucks and all mail delivery cars use amber... and all personal and
company snow plow trucks use Amber - falling into the utility catagory.

Back in Chicago - police use all blue, fire and EMS use red and green and
white lights, utilities use amber. You don't want to run red or blue lights
anywhere in the USA - thats the safest tyouble free position to take.

Terrible Tom