Re: Re: Re: Question of Legality in USA, Blue and Amber Rotating Beacon Lights Mounted on Roof of Dakota 4X4, Ontario Canada Truck

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 08:12:31 EST

Your right, that’s a cop being anal. I had a similar thing happen a few years
ago with the two Red LED bullet lights that held my rear plate on. Got stopped
at 2:30 AM for those. He blew a u-turn over a grassy median to stop me after
seeing them in his rear view mirror? Local dounut shop must have been closed.
Supposedly, you can’t have lights affixed directly to the license plates. Even
though I’ve never actually been able to find that statue. While the cop was
writing me a ticket, inspection required, I got out of the truck and pulled the
two wires from the back of the LEDs. The cop got out of the cruiser and asks
“What are you doing?” I answered, “disconnecting them, you told me I’m
breaking the law, now I’m not”. He’s like “Don’t be a smart ass”. I
responded, “If it was severe enough for you to make a u-turn across a grassy
median, on a deserted road at 2:30 in the morning to stop me, it’s important
enough for me to correct it right away”. A couple of minutes later he handed me
a ticket for insubordination. Both of which I beat when I went to court.

Walt Felix
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.Com