Re: Freekin Emissions Inspection!(long & whiny...)

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 10:59:02 EST

Pretty much the only ones who did were dealerships and the larger repair shops.
 The local guy on the corner with only 3 bays couldn’t recoup the investment at
$12 a test to him. At best he could make $48 hr on that bay. Doesn’t repay
the cost of the Dyno test equipment, employee salary and the loss of an
operational bay. Agbar and the state’s pitch was he would make money on any
emissions related repairs, but there’s no guarantee. The customer isn’t
required to have him do the repair work. Only required to use an approved
repair facility if trying to get a waiver. Which I question the legality of
anyhow. To me, that borderlines “Unfair Trade Practices”. All of the licensed
repair facilities who don’t participate in the emissions testing program are
locked out of that potential revenue and by requiring that, the state shows
favor towards participating facilities. The whole system is a breeding ground
for corruption.

Walt