Re: OT: Dodge Charger

From: Zachary Burcham (roadking_dakota@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 08:28:13 EST

Well, as a 22 year old I'll weigh in on this one. I think the GTO is a much
better example of retro compared with the Charger, it's totally
disappointing. *Sarcasm* YEAH, they put the same Hemi in yet another
car,*end Sarcasm* and I'm sick of hearing 340 hp, I think the whole of the
US knows that by now. The GTO is fairly simple by today's standards and is
RWD, stick with a wicked V8 (They're getting the 400 hp LS2 very soon) So
you can't even compare it to the Charger, 340 hp Sedan vs 400 hp Coupe.
It's not a retro carbon-copy of the old Goat but it's a modern version of
the formula. The Charger on the otherhand is another rebadged 300C.

And someone commented on how the Vette vs Viper power struggle was going on,
that's gonna get interesting because there are reported to be 3 count them 3
Vette Models, base 400 hp, Z06 with 500 hp and one deemed the "Blue Devil"
with a S/C and 600 Hp, where's the Viper then? Catchin' up, that's where.

I'll end on this, I can find a GTO in a crowd from a 1/2 mile away if I'm
looking, 1/4 mile away if I'm not. It has enough of Pontiac's styling that
I know it's a Pontiac but I never mistake it for a Grand Prix or Grand Am.
But the first time I saw a Viper SRT-10 on the road, from 1/4 mile, I though
it was a Stratus Coupe. I'd rather pay 35K for a car that's easily
identified from a distance than 83K for a Viper powered Stratus. I love
both cars, so don't get me wrong, but sometimes our brand loyalties skew our
view.

Zach Burcham
92DakotaHD