Re: window = smashed

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 12:32:21 EST

On Tue, February 1, 2005 7:34 am, Josh Battles said:

> Sure enough, the passenger window was smashed and they had ripped the
> radio right out of my dash. They also took my radar detector off of the
> windshield.

Oh, man, that seriously sucks. Stuff like that makes you want to sleep in
the truck with a shotgun.

Do the cops think there's any chance of catching the person who did this?

Mine's been targeted twice, but they never bothered with the window. Both
times they tried jamming a screwdriver under the door handle. Neither was
successful. I actually caught the second guy in the act right in the
parking lot at work, only he had hidden the screwdriver by the time I got
over there and he was feeding me some BS about having scratched the paint
by opening his door. I was going to hold him there and call the cops out
until I suddenly realized he probably had a pistol under his seat, so I
chickened out and left the area in a hurry. The criminals are the only
ones who get to arm themselves around here :-P. By the time I got over to
building security, he was long gone.