Re: Clunk from left side

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2005 - 16:14:12 EST

""Josh Battles"" <josh@omg-stfu.com> wrote in message

> Last night on my way to school I noticed that I was getting a loud
metallic
> clunk sound from the left side of the truck whenever I go over any kind of
[....]

Well, I took it to my local (really a) 5-star dealer and paid the $42 for
diagnosis because I don't have the time or a place to do it. Apparently my
left front shock is in 3 pieces and they're bouncing off of the spring on
every bump. Additionally, as if that weren't enough, the right one is on
its way to doing the same thing. <3 lifetime warranty, let's just hope that
Monroe honors it because I'm a little worried about them telling me that
"extreme abuse" and "use on a lowered vehicle" aren't warranteed.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L