Re: Re: 2006 National DML Meet - VOTING IS OPEN!

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 09:47:37 EST

<jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote in message

> That would be a negative - I'm a paintball newbie. :-) Guess I'll
> just go ahead and scrap those plans then and stick to the standard
> velocity stuff. :-)

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm sure nobody wants to see a paintball go
through anyone.

> Good point, and those are things I hadn't fully considered.
> Never having done it before, I didn't realize the potential for
> injury was that high. Safety equipment sounds like a good idea.
> (Hmmm, I'll be in the back of Mike's SFA Dak shooting out of
> gunslits in the shell while he drives OVER the flag; rest've you
> guys are on your own!) ;-)

It's not that the potential for injury is _that_ high to begin with, but
like anything if you neglect safety it increases. I've seen people play
with just goggles and think they'll be fine. In reality they are fine -
until they get shot in the head. Personally, I prefer shooting people in
the head, the mask (and your skull) will break balls 99% of the time (same
as if you shoot their gun) where if you shoot clothes it's only about 75% of
the time that they break.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L