Re: Colorado campgrounds

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 19:08:09 EDT

Jason Bleazard wrote:

> Yeah, I agree. The rules in an organized campground might be kind of a
> bummer, though. We'll probably have to just put up with some level of
> restrictions on noise level and bonfire size. But, I think we'll be
> better off someplace where we can get cleaned up, especially if we think
> we're going to want to be going in to town to check out museums or shops
> or whatever other touristy thing we might decide to do.

Definately. The rules don't really bother me much though, as long as
we're "reasonable and prudent" I don't see any problems. We'll just
have to make sure that the leprechaun dust stays at home for that trip.

> Another thing to think about is Internet access. It would be kind of cool
> to be able to set up a webcam or two and post real-time updates for anyone
> who can't make it. I found a list of campgrounds that have wireless
> access:
> http://rvtravel.com/publish/ontheroad/wifiwest.shtml#co
>
> Although I have no idea how comprehensive or accurate that list is, it's a
> good place to start.

You know, I'd thought about intarwebnet access but then dismissed it as
something that wasn't *really* important to me. Seriously, we're
camping out... In a way it's kinda sad really, that we can't unplug for
a week or so and just enjoy life. That's one of my favorite things
about the BBQ, that there really isn't a sense of time or anything, just
a bunch of people hanging out doing whatever. Besides, how much time do
we really spend on the web at Jon's anyway?

The only real use I could think of for this would be to post pics to the
list or something, but if we don't have it that's more of an enticement
for those who are iffy on attending, because there'll be no way to know
what's going on.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L