Re: Campground information

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sun Apr 10 2005 - 11:56:07 EDT

On April 9, 2005 11:01 am, Jason Bleazard wrote:

> http://www.bleazard.net/DML/campgrounds.html

In the process of doing research for this list, I've turned up a couple of
campgrounds I wanted to call attention to. These are the first campgrounds I
thought were particularly interesting, but they certainly won't be the last,
so keep watching this space. (If you can help with this process, please do).

First:
* Sugar Loafin' RV Campground http://www.leadville.com/sugarloafin/

This is next to Leadville, which is pretty close to Breckenridge. We've
already found numerous 4x4 trails around Breckenridge, not to mention that
Breckenridge itself has a lot going for it. I talked about that previously:
http://archives.dakota-truck.net/0412/0312.html

This park caught my attention when I looked at the map:
http://www.leadville.com/sugarloafin/campground-map.pdf

I think we'd have enough people that we could just take over the section
marked as "High Hill" or "West Side" tent camping, and call it DML Meet HQ.
Norah and I would park our RV in one of the yellow spaces for the hookups,
but probably spend most of our awake time hanging out in the DML section.

Second:
* Cherry Creek State Park
http://parks.state.co.us/default.asp?parkID=80&action=park

This is practically in Denver itself, which is more urban than I would
personally like, but maybe that doesn't bother everyone else as much as it
does me. It would certainly be convenient to everything in the city,
although it would take extra time to get up to the mountains because we'd
have to put up with rush hour Denver traffic.

This park does have a designated group camping area (we would get to take over
the area just for ourselves). It also has a shooting range right in the park
(http://www.familyshootingcenter.com/), which is the reason I wanted to bring
it up.

I actually had a job interview a couple of years ago at a company who has
their office a few miles from this park. I saw the lake, but didn't pay too
much attention to it, unfortunately. (Obviously didn't get the job.)