Re: BBQ Videos

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Wed Apr 13 2005 - 10:29:25 EDT

In article <425BEF68.7000302@aol.com>, SilverEightynine@aol.com (TerribleTom)
writes:
> Actually Walt seems to have taken the job this year. He showed me a
> couple clips of some of Jon's video that he ported to MPEG's
>
> I have absolutly no way of getting any video onto the computer and onto
> the net. I have been meaning to invest in some software and equipment
> for my next music vid project - but my budget is on life support at the
> moment heh.
>
> We also have no event report for last year's BBQ or Daktoberfest. I
> think part of the reason for that is Walt's photo gallery. Why bother
> to put a meet report together when he has all the pics posted there?
> Which I really envy - his automated gallery set up is sweet.

Yea, but I only captured the clips with my truck so far (and two clips of me
pulling Mike's Ram Charger) BTW, I got the tape Jon, Thanks. I'm still working
on finding a decent .mpg to .wmv converter because the file sizes are coming
out larger than I would like and don't seem to stream well. This is really my
first attempt at playing with video so I'm still trying to figure it out. I'm
hoping that if I can convert them to .WMV I can get the file sizes down some
and they'll stream better.

This is what I captured so far http://www.walt-n-ingrid.com/video.html
(Bandwidth Alert, if your on dial-up, look at the file size before you attempt
to watch one)

Walt
http://www.Walt-n-Ingrid.Com