Re: Front Lug change out

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Thu Apr 14 2005 - 09:38:58 EDT

""Woodruff, Jason P"" <jason.p.woodruff@boeing.com> wrote in message

> Since I break studs fairly often, I'm learning how to pound them out
myself. I've got the rears figured out, but last week I broke one of the
fronts (which required some deceptive ingenuity to get through a race tech
inspection).

> So it looks like I at least need to take the rotor off. What else? And
what size was the weird allen bolt, I should have a wrech for it floating
around.

> Jay W
> 505/287 Dakota

IIRC, it's a 7mm allen for the caliper. After you pull the rotor you should
be able to just pound the old stud right out.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L