Re: 2006 National Meet in Colorado

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Mon May 02 2005 - 18:51:59 EDT

Hey Jason!

<snip > Anyone thinking about coming to the 2006 National Meet in Colorado:
we'd
 appreciate if you could take a minute and answer a few questions.<>

> Okay...<

 <> How much time are you thinking of spending in each of the following
areas:
  1. Metro Denver itself (includes Golden, Bandimere Speedway, Red Rocks
    park, etc.)<>

>Probably not too much, but I would like to take the tour of the Coors
 Brewery...<

I'll drive...

< > 2. In town, but not necessarily Denver (things that would be available
     in any sizeable town, like restaurants, shopping, mini golf, etc.)<

> Maybe for a few beer runs...<

I'll drive...

< > 3. Driving around to different parts of the state. Either scenic
    tours, or off-roading, or traveling to some specific attraction
    someplace.<>

> I'd like to spend a day doing some sightseeing and hiking and stuff,
 I'll definately be bringing my cameras (digital point & shoot and my
 SLR) along. I'd be up for riding along with someone on some trails too.<

We'll ride...

<> 4. Hanging out around the camp site (BBQing, sitting around the fire,
    taking a nap in a hammock, whatever)<>

> I forsee most of my time at the campsite being used in cahoots with
Barry, Walt, Adam, and Jon thinking up new and exciting ways to harass Tom.

Can we play, too?

<> We've realized that we're not really sure what the expectations are for
 where we're going to be spending most of our time. This is going to have
an impact on where we want to be camped.<>

> I expect this outing to be a true DML outing. One where hordes of
 people stand around looking at eachother's trucks or plotting to take
 over the universe (don't forget to bring your towel on any interstellar
 jaunts) until late afternoon when we will all simultaneously realize
 that it's now too late to do any of the other stuff we'd planned for
 that day.<

Wow! I've never been in a "horde!"

>Someone suggests beer and "all drink" resumes.<

I'll hafta watch THAT part...

  <>As for Denver, we've only identified one day that we'll need to be
there.
  We can do a tour of the Coors brewery in the morning, stop in at Red Rocks
  for a picnic lunch, and head to Bandimere for racing in the afternoon. If
  that's the only day we're going to be in the Denver metro area, then being
  close to the city isn't a first priority.<>

> That sounds like a great time, let's plan on a day just like that.<

AGREED!

< > Similarly, if we're going to be hanging out around the campground a lot,
  then we'll want to have a nice campground. If it's mostly going to be a
  place to sleep and eat, and we'll just launch from there to take off every
  day to head out for whatever other activity we want to do, then the
  scenery at the campground isn't quite as important.<>

>As I mentioned before, I have a feeling that the campsite will see a
 pretty good amount of action because we're all slow to get motivated to
 do anything. Plus, since we're always up till the wee hours of the
 morning, it'll be a plus if the campsite is nice.<

Yep, nice is good

<>Thanks!<snip>

>You're welcome!<

What he said ...(not about the 'Grenading Vette!')
'Course I'll prolly hafta be the DD (in somebody's QC) if we hit the brewery
or bars, but, hey, I'm a cheap date!(Coffee, Diet Coke, & low-carb stuff...

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
(Still waitin on the Sportster, dammit!)
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY CC Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed

WebPage URL: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/