Re: 100 DAYS!!

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue May 03 2005 - 08:04:55 EDT

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
>
>> Michael Maskalans <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote:
>>
>> : Did you ever get back to me about whether a few Mud Nuts would be
>> : welcome? I know I asked but I don't recall your answer. Do we want to
>> : cap the number of non-DML member participants? Or "the more the
>> merrier"?
>> : --
>> : MikeM
>

>> I dunno; any other BBQers have any thoughts on this?
>>

> please, input is awesome =)
> it's for exactly the resons you mentioned (more the DML emphasis than
> the group mentality to be honest, but it's definitely a concern) that
> I'm not so certain I'm 100% for it, either. There are a couple people
> in the club that I've become good friends with that I'd like to invte
> along but I don't think I'd entertain a full-club invite such as SCORE
> has, since I feel like SCORE already fills that slot.
>
>> Mike: How many people would we be talking about and would it be just
>> Saturday or for the entire BBQ?
>>
> If it was an open invite to the club I'd expect it to be pretty popular,
> and probably 10-15 would show. I'd personally invite one in particular
> for sure (Keith, you can see some photography he's done at
> <http://www.rockmodified.com/> for what that's worth) and probably 2-3
> others. I also know a few in the club who I wouldn't really want
> showing up since their attitude is a bit.... incompatible is close
> enough. Excitable high schoolers, throttle jockey mud hogs and that
> sort, there are a few, but there are also the guys who I've really
> enjoyed wheeling with, hang out with socially and most importantly who
> introduced me to the wonders of rock crawling. I don't know where I'm
> going with this. I seem to have lost my way in a babble about MudNuts
> membership. WTF, mate? Oh well. Bottom line is that I'm definitely
> deferring to the rest of the group and especially you and your family, Jon.
>
> As for whole time or just saturday, I don't think they'd have a problem
> showing up for just the day, but may be interested in spending fri or
> saturday night depending (on their schedules and if the invite was open).
>
> Other thoughts?
>
> MikeM

I'm pretty much in agreement with Jon and Norah's points... not to sound
like a DML elitist, but it is a DML meet. Having said that I would not
object to 2 or 3 or so attending. I can't be a hypocrite, as I
mentioned the DML meet to a friend of mine who lives not too far from
Walt, who owns a Nissan - heh. Haven't heard back from 'em for a while
so I don't know if they will make it or not.

"incompatible... throttle jockey mud hogs" ???!!!

You rock crawling snob :-P hehehe I got yer throttle jockey right here!

****** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *84* DAYS LEFT! ******
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/