Re: 100 DAYS!!

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue May 03 2005 - 00:58:26 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> Michael Maskalans <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote:
>
> : Did you ever get back to me about whether a few Mud Nuts would be
> : welcome? I know I asked but I don't recall your answer. Do we want to
> : cap the number of non-DML member participants? Or "the more the merrier"?
> : --
> : MikeM

> I dunno; any other BBQers have any thoughts on this?

please, input is awesome =)
it's for exactly the resons you mentioned (more the DML emphasis than
the group mentality to be honest, but it's definitely a concern) that
I'm not so certain I'm 100% for it, either. There are a couple people
in the club that I've become good friends with that I'd like to invte
along but I don't think I'd entertain a full-club invite such as SCORE
has, since I feel like SCORE already fills that slot.

> Mike: How many people would we be talking about and would it be just
> Saturday or for the entire BBQ?

If it was an open invite to the club I'd expect it to be pretty popular,
and probably 10-15 would show. I'd personally invite one in particular
for sure (Keith, you can see some photography he's done at
<http://www.rockmodified.com/> for what that's worth) and probably 2-3
others. I also know a few in the club who I wouldn't really want
showing up since their attitude is a bit.... incompatible is close
enough. Excitable high schoolers, throttle jockey mud hogs and that
sort, there are a few, but there are also the guys who I've really
enjoyed wheeling with, hang out with socially and most importantly who
introduced me to the wonders of rock crawling. I don't know where I'm
going with this. I seem to have lost my way in a babble about MudNuts
membership. WTF, mate? Oh well. Bottom line is that I'm definitely
deferring to the rest of the group and especially you and your family, Jon.

As for whole time or just saturday, I don't think they'd have a problem
showing up for just the day, but may be interested in spending fri or
saturday night depending (on their schedules and if the invite was open).

Other thoughts?

MikeM