Re: 2006 National Meet in Colorado

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue May 03 2005 - 11:52:25 EDT

Bill Day <billday@otecom.net> wrote:

: With luck and a date set I and me and the wife make it:

   I hope it works out for you! :-) As far as a date goes, we're getting
very close on that. We've been sending out e-mails, making calls, etc.
trying to nail down certain 2006 events which could interfere with the
national meet, and also to pick a date which is likely to be the best
for the greatest number of people. Unfortunately, whatever date gets
picked, there's going to be somebody it doesn't work for, but we have
whittled the possible dates way down, so it shouldn't be too long before
we've got something definite to work with.

: I have a thing for all breweries! Whether my truck can make any serious fun of
: any trails or not, I am definitely into any wheeling I can do and seeing any
: ghost towns. I have seen Denver, for myself before, I won't miss a thing if we
: just shower and hermit at the campgrounds and do nothing morning and night...
: I will likely take off a day or two earlier and take wife to Pikes Peak as that
: is something she wants to see.

   Just by way of an FYI, I mentioned in an earlier post that we've basically
got the campground list narrowed down to 4 possibilities. A couple of those
campgrounds are within 10 minutes of Pike's Peak, a third is within 15 minutes
and the furthest one is a 25 minute drive.

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'