Re: 100 DAYS!!

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue May 03 2005 - 11:38:00 EDT

On Mon, May 2, 2005 9:10 pm, jon@dakota-truck.net said:

> The other is the desire to keep it as the "DML BBQ" and not just "a
> group of 4x4s running around the woods". We've basically included the
> (group formally known as) ;-) SCORE into the DML group since they came in
> via Peter Cutler almost at the very beginning. As far as adding other
> groups goes though, I do worry that the "DML meet" portion will get
> watered down, especially if the trend were to continue and other groups
> wanted to join in too. (At its core, its a DML meet, and I'd really
> like to keep it that way; I certainly don't want it to devolve down the
> road into just a random offroading event.)

I definitely agree with this point. I don't have a problem with inviting
friends as guests. Norah and I have done so in the past, and we know a
couple of people who might be interested in coming down this year. But I
think extending a blanket invitation to an entire club might be a bit too
much. Maybe we could put a limit on it, like two or three guests per DML
member? Just a thought.