Re: ATTN: Rich Werning re: 06 National Meet

From: rwerning@wi.rr.com
Date: Sat May 07 2005 - 21:16:52 EDT

In article <427D40AC.6050709@aol.com>, SilverEightynine@aol.com (TerribleTom)
writes:

> Hey Rich! I sure hope you can make it! I'll be coming down from
> Point/Plover... I'd like to organize a westbound caravan. Josh, Mike,
> Barry, you, me... and anyone else from all points east.
>
> Perhaps we could all meet up in one appointed area? Only person I can
> think of who would have to go out of his way to do that would be Barry.
> 15 hours is an iffy time estimate from MapQuirks... also build in time
> for fuel ups, food, traffic, and construction. It takes me about 12
> hours to do 800 miles to Jon's from Point... granted I usually get
> cought up in Chicago/Gary traffic.
>
> But I think traveling in a convy has many advantages. Incase of any
> mechanical trouble, there are people to help. It really makes a long
> drive like that more fun, between CB's and FRS radios there is always
> conversation. Not to mention a rolling line of trucks is just really
> cool :D

Sounds like a plan. I had actually thought about the caravan thing, but
figured it might be early to start planning it. Definetly the way to go though,
having others to chat with and help out if there is a problem. Hadn't thought
of the CB, guess I better add that to the "want/need list" for the Dak.

So many wants & needs, so little cash.. lol

- Rich Werning